Monday, June 30, 2008

Random Parisian Thoughts

Sometimes Parisians completely boggle me.

First off, they have no idea of personal space like people do in America. I really don't have a probelm with it, I just find it interesting. For instance, on the metro, people are as close to you as possible, I guess so they can get as many people as they want on the metro. Also, an offshoot of that, Parisian men are completely certain with their sexuality. They stand close to other guys and dance to techno even if they are completely straight...and I find that really cool. I'm definitely not into the guys at home that have to be so macho.

Everyone says that the Parisians are the best dressers in the world...which is somewhat true. I feel somewhat underdressed everytime I walk around (of course, that could be because I'm walking around in my boot for my bum foot and a sandal on the other). But the Parisian teens dress almost exactly like American teens...I guess if I had to give them a qualification, it would be EMO. Parisian teens dress so emo! It's really funny to see them on the metro, walking around like they own the city and sometimes smoking as well.

You know what completely boggles me? Parisian weather! The last time I was here it was extremely hot, and so I figured it would be this time around too. Nope! It is the weirdest weather ever! It has rained and been extrememly hot all in the space of about a day...it completely boggles me!

And Parisien drivers! If you are in their way, they will let you know it! Don't you dare walk out into the crosswalk when the little man is red, because they will mow you over, no kidding. Also, there really aren't any intersections in Paris. So you can have cars on either side of you as you walk across the street, all ready to go once their light turns green. It's a very interesting city to watch.

But, I LOVE Paris! I love that they love people-watching (which I love to do!), and that they take ti,e out their day to enjoy food, and that they put chocolate on EVERYTHING! Bread and chocolate, what could get better?

No comments: